12 habits in 12 months
This year I am going to try and pick up a new habit every month. Most of these habits are going to become a part of my daily routine. However, for some habits I would have to carve out time from my daily routine and force myself to do them.
I am going to pick one thing at the start of the month and continue to do it for 30 days. And then keep adding one more thing each month on top of it. I should have 12 new habits at the end of the year. There is no specific science behind the 30 day rule but I think it works pretty well for me.
It’s very easy to fall in the trap of doing all these things together, especially at the start of the year. But as the excitement of the new year wears off, making so many behaviorial changes simultaneously will be overwhelming. All these changes have to be made very mindfully and it should be a gradual process.
- Read - January
- Floss everyday - February
- Sit and stand straight - March
- Drink 6 glasses of water - April
- Simplify/Declutter - May
- Exercise - June
- Ship something everyday - July
- Plan the next day - August
- 5 minute journal - September
- No Alcohol No email/social media before 9 AM and after 9 PM - October
- No sugar after 7 PM - November
- Drink only wine No beer/liquor during the week, only wine. - December